Rad Reading – April

This month I read Star Wars: So You Want To Be A Jedi? By Adam Gidwitz. This book takes place during the movie The Empire Strikes Back. In this book, you are the main character. The story is that you have to walk in the shoes of Luke Skywalker and train to be a Jedi. So Luke Skywalker has this base on a planet called Hoth and is hiding from the Empire with the Rebellion. When the Empire finds out that the Rebels are hiding there they send their whole fleet to attack them. The Rebels escape but Luke Skywalker goes on a different mission. He flys to this unknown planet called Dagobah where he is supposed to meet a Jedi Master named Yoda. Yoda trains him in the way of the Jedi. Then Luke senses that his friends are in danger. Luke goes to help his friends and confronts Darth Vader. At the end of the battle Vader tells Luke a horrible truth.

I think you should read this book because it tells the story of a Star Wars movie which is awesome! Also, I think it’s cool to see it from the main characters perspective and see what he’s thinking. I also like how the author added a few extra things to the story that aren’t in the movie. In conclusion, this is why I recommend this book.

My favorite character is Lando Calrissian. Lando is my favorite character because I think he’s funny and nice. When we first meet him he seems nice but then he hands them over to Vader. In the end, Lando helps all of them escape (except for Han Solo) and ends up being a nice guy. One of Lando’s character traits is he’s nice. A quote that proves this is “This deal is getting worse all the time.” This quote proves that he’s nice because he never wanted to hurt anybody, he only wanted his people to be safe. These are the reasons why I think Lando is the best character.

My favorite quote from this book is “No. Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.” This is my favorite quote because it is a very famous quote and it also has a lot of meaning. It states that you shouldn’t try something, you should do it. Or don’t do it.